March Madness of Memes

"Basically, March has got me absolutely exhausted," I wrote, in my most previous blog post of course, on the afternoon of March 8, 2020.

Image
Via @ReactionMemes on Twitter

Giiiiirl, that wasn't even the beginning of it all.

I hope y'all are staying safe and healthy during this time! Obviously, there is an overwhelming amount of things happening in the world, stirring up stress and anxiety in many, many people. If you or people you know are struggling, my last blog post talks about ways to manage stress and work overload, which may not be the problem considering we are currently ~distance learning~ right now but I hope that it could be somewhat of a help to y'all.

Remember, social distancing is key to slowing down the spread of the virus, so despite the gorgeous weather we've been having, I'd save the trip down the shore for later.

"So Nickels, how have you been holding up?"


Anyway, the past few weeks have been kinda tough, starting with our school musical being postponed (and potentially canceled by the looks of things) after opening night.

Basically, everyone in the production was called down in the middle of Block 4 and at this point, I was already in tears, as were many of my friends, because we knew what was coming.

Then finally, they ripped the bandaid off and we, literally scream-sobbing and hugging, were forced to collect our things from the dressing rooms (which did not stink as bad as I had said in my last post. kinda bittersweet in a way...)

I then proceeded to periodically cry and sniffle in the rest of Block 4, Block 5, and Block 6, where I had to take a FREAKING QUIZ. AS I WAS CRYING. But I did get extra credit for the exam the day before so wE gOoD.

So that Friday show, as well as the Saturday one, was canceled. But that did not stop literally the BEST MOMENT of my 2020 (thus far) from happening.

Let me set the stage for you: It is Sunday afternoon, two days after the show is canceled. I'm video-chatting my best friends Jade and Vincent.

All of a sudden, Vincent starts saying, "Nicole, I'm going to walk to your house."

Sure, he lives 7 minutes away like, max, but it's not like I believed him.



AND THEN HE SHOWED UP.

So he's on my driveway while I'm watching him from my upstairs bedroom window and just twerks on my mom's car because that's just Vincent for you.

Then he decides, "You know what? I'm gonna walk to Colin's house." And so he did.

So he walked up the hill Colin's house and at this point, Jade and I are furiously texting the Newsies cast group chat because everyone knows Vincent constantly threatens to show up at Colin's house when Colin very much does not want him there, but he never has actually gone through with it.

With the Newsies group chat finding this to be absolutely hysterical, Will decides that he wants to join in on the party and says that he's going to bike to my house.

When Vincent arrives at Colin's place, there's a broken chair sitting in front of his house that Colin's family wanted to get rid of. So in good 'ol Vincent fashion, he sits in it until Colin realizes that he is there.

At this point, I have started live streaming the entire thing on my Instagram because WHY NOT and Will finally arrives at my house. I then receive intel from Jade that Vincent is coming back to my house with Colin's broken chair!?!?!

I really cannot explain the minds of theatre kids.

And as Vincent is doing so, guess who sees him?

Did you guess yet?

Surprise, it was Meghan! Yeah, the awesome author of Look, Listen... Lay Low!

In the group chat, she sends a video of him walking downhill towards my humble abode with the chair on his back and everyone is utterly confused.


So Will and I are expecting JUST VINCENT to show up. But how i d i o t i c of us to think that way. Expect the unexpected, right?

What I mean to say is that Colin's car shows up at my driveway, he and Vincent walk out of the car only to go to the trunk and pull out, of course, the broken chair.

All I can think at this point is, "WHAT IS GOING ON?????"

Aaaaaaaand it gets better because the three of them realize that the chair is perfect for them to do a version of Colin's song in Newsies, "The Bottom Line", so, like the three little theatre kids they are, they begin to perform IN MY DRIVEWAY.

Courtesy of Alexa Dela Cruz
Pictured: Colin Smith as Joseph Pulitzer

I'll just let the video do the talking for me.


Remember how I mentioned Meghan earlier? Well, guess what happens next?

Her Jeep pulls up behind Colin's car and she and her sister join the other three!!

It doesn't end there of course, because Vincent, Will, Colin, and Meghan begin to perform our opening number, "Carrying the Banner" and it's like the show had never been canceled.


Truly made my day. I will literally remember it FOREVER.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is: come see Newsies on its postponed dates because we sure know how to have a good time!!

"No, but seriously, Nickels, what was the point of this?"

I swear, I'm getting there.

The point of this anecdote is really to remember that in times of darkness, we should savor the sweet little moments that we have, to celebrate our friendships, and to find things that make us happy.

Albeit, maybe don't show up at your friends' house randomly right now and video-chat them instead because we are, remember, #socialdistancing.

So in trying to find something that makes me happy in difficult times, I thought about one of my favorite things in the world.

Memes.

But of course, here comes my own little twist.

Much like our school musical, sporting events of all levels, from high school to professional seasons, have been canceled. One being March Madness, the collegiate single-elimination basketball tournament. So what better fun (alliteration fun), than to have a battle of my favorite memes of all time? I don't know if you can judge the "underratedness of them" since that idea basically goes against the whole point of memes, which is the fact that they are rapidly spreading trends on the internet. But really, I just want y'all to have some fun, walking down "Meme Memory Lane" to break the streak of stress that some of you may be having.

So, like the actual March Madness Tournament, I wanted to collect 68 participants aka memes for this March Madness of Memes so I spent literally four hours on Know Your Meme to find all these memes that will DUEL TO THE DEATHHHHH. Not literally but you know what I mean. Theeeeen I completely randomized and scrambled the list to give you this huge bracket of memes :)

Let the battles begin!!

I'm You But Stronger
Image result for I'm you but stronger taylor swift
Via @ItsReginaG on Twitter

VS. 

I'm Weird. I Don't Fit In.
Courtesy of Warner Bros. Television Distribution

Gru's Plan
Image result for gru's plan
Via ImgFlip.com

VS.

We Irritating
Image result for we irritating
Via KnowYourMeme.com


I'm Gonna Tell My Kids This Was...
Via @ThyArtIsMemes on Twitter

VS.

Me Explaining to My Mom
Via @VogueTony on Twitter

Emoji Movie
Via @Mikeryan on Twitter

VS.

Dat Boi
Image result for dat boi
Courtesy of Animation Factory


The Dress
Image result for the dress
Via Wikipedia

VS.

Rickroll
Courtesy of PWL



Bone Apple Teeth
Via @Parallax_ on Twitter

VS.

No Pomegranates
Image result for no pomegranates
Via KnowYourMeme.com

None Pizza Left Beef
Image result for none pizza left beef
Courtesy of Steve Moreno

VS.

Mitochondria is the Powerhouse of the Cell

Via @Cj_rhea on Twitter

Me, an Intellectual
Image result for me an intellectual
Via @reysponcho on Tumblr

VS.

I'm Rick Harrison
Image result for I"m rick harrison
Via KnowYourMeme.com

Kidz Bop Karen
Image result for kidz bop karen

VS.

I'm About to End This Man's Career
Via @nopantslela on Twitter

Cats (2019)
Via @wewritelettrs on Twitter

VS.

Drakeposting
Image result for drakeposting
Via AtlasBuzz.com

He-man
rainbow GIF
Courtesy of Mattel

VS.

Walmart Yodel Boy
Image result for walmart yodel boy
Via KnowYourMeme.com

Expanding Brain
Image result for expanding brain
Via KnowYourMeme.com

VS.

Kombucha Girl
Image result for kombucha girl
Via DailyDot.com

Arthur's Fist
Via @ShadyJody

VS.

Free Real Estate
Image result for its free real estate meme
Via @DracoMallfoys on Twitter

Big Smoke's Order
Image result for big smoke's order
Courtesy of CapCom

VS.

Ken Lee
Image result for ken lee
Courtesy of bTV Media Groups

Mike Wazowski/Sulley Face Swap
Image result for mike sully face swap
Courtesy of Pixar

VS.

Is This a Pidgeon?
Image result for is this a pigeon?
Courtesy of Nagoya Broadcasting Network

Covfefe
Image result for covfefe
Via @realDonaldTrump on Twitter

VS.

You vs The Guy She Tells You Not to Worry About
Image result for you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about
Via @Reverend_Scott on Twitter

The Game
Image result for you just lost the game
Via Facebook

VS.

Me on Ellen
Image result for Me on ellen
Via @darlingadora on Twitter

Vibe Check
Image result for vibe check
Via Reddit

VS.

Math Lady 
Image result for math lady meme
Via KnowYourMeme.com

Woman Yelling at a Cat
Image result for woman yelling at cat
Via BusinessInsider.com

VS.

Loss
Image result for loss
Via Facebook

I'm Already Tracer
Image result for i'm already tracer
Via KnowYourMeme.com

VS.

Kardashians
Kardashian Kourtney GIF - Kardashian Kourtney GIFs
Courtesy of E! Network

We Are Number One
Image result for we are number one
Courtesy of Nickelodeon

VS.

Timmy Thick
Image result for timmy thick
Via BusinessInsider.com

Pacha, When it Hits Just Right
Image result for pacha when the sun hits
Via KnowYourMeme.com

VS.

Monkey Getting a Haircut
Image result for monkey getting a haircut
Via KnowYourMeme.com

Fiesta Salsa Quinceañera
Image result for fiesta salsa quinceañera
Courtesy of Walt Disney Records

VS.

Disgustang
Image result for disgustang
Via ImgFlip.com

FBI Man in My Camera
Image result for fbi man in my phone
Via @Lilyzela on Twitter

VS.

You Know I Had to Do It to Em
Image result for you know i had to do it to em
Via @LuckyLuciano17k

Evil Duolingo Owl
Image result for evil duolingo owl
Via Madyyy on YouTube

VS.

Why the F' You Lyin'
why you always lying GIF
Courtesy of Nicholas Fraser

Numa Numa
Image result for numa numa
Via DailyDot.com

VS.

Distracted Boyfriend
Image result for distracted boyfriend meme
Via Bustle.com

Kermit
Image result for kermit tea
Via EOnline.com

VS.


Hide The Pain Harold
Image result for hide the pain harold
Via KnowYourMeme.com

Side-Eye Chloe
Image result for side eye chloe
Via Heart.Co.Uk

VS.

I Am Once Again Asking For Your Financial Support
Image result for i am once again asking
Via Ranker.com

All-Star
Image result for Allstar but everytime it says eat an onion
Via IFunny.com

VS.

Cursed Emojis
Image result for cursed emoji
Via AminoApps

Confused Nick Young
Image result for confused nick young
Via KnowYourMeme.com

VS.

Cursive/Indie Singing
Via @samuel_ on Twitter

Breadsticks
Image result for breadsticks meme
Via AminoApps

VS.

Graphic Design is My Passion
Image result for graphic design is my passion
Via KnowYourMeme.com

Pepe The Frog
Image result for pepe the frog
Courtesy of Matt Furie

VS.

Blinking White Guy
Image result for blinking white guy gif
Courtesy of GiantBomb.com



Here is the bracket that I spent a ridiculous amount of time making, so if you're bored today, fill it out and tell me what happens to be your champion meme!

Until next time,

Nickels :)


Comments

  1. YOU DID NOT JUST BRING UP THE GAME! I LOSE!!!! I loved this blog with all my heart. I have been so stressed recently, but with this blog I let out a good laugh and felt myself becoming less stressed. My favorite meme by far is Mike Wazowski/Sulley face swap. Can't wait until next blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The intro to this blog though... Colin singing with that voice crack... made my morning. Us drama kids are really CRAZY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M SORRY BUT HOW DID I MISS THIS?!?!?! I look away from the group chat for a DAY and I miss all the important stuff. Gah! Also, some of those memes are real throw backs and I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS MADE ME CHUCKLE I am dying THANK YOU for literally making a whole blog post just for memes! The little story at the beginning was a nice touch too and I loved the videos with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The amount of effort you put into this entire blog, look you WIN blog writing. Also seriously how did I miss that unplanned newsies performance, literally all i've done since i've been at home is been on my phone

    ReplyDelete
  6. ICONIC MEMES I GOT TO SAY!. This post literally put a smile on my face! It's so sweet seeing your close friends cheer you up and add a light on your darkest days. I'm so sorry the musical was cancelled, but don't worry love, you have next year to wow people. I did not expect to read a whole story, but I am so glad you put it in, you not only made me happy but also made me laugh and think about the past with the good memes. I can't wait for your next post. STAY SAFE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy reading your blogs every week and I cannot believe that whole thing happened in my neighborhood and I had no idea! It sounds like it was a ton of fun and I really appreciate you sharing some things to cheer us all up when it feels like everything is pretty bad. Stay healthy and I look forward to your next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember seeing that on snapchat, but love that I have the whole story now

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness gracious, this blog was an absolute trip to read through. I'm so sorry that the musical was postponed, but I'm also really happy that the cast was able to deal with it in such a fun and hilarious manner! Like everyone else, thanks for sharing some bright positivity with us :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment