My Favorite Characters Except They're TikToks

I have a problem. Like, a really bad problem: I'm obsessed with this one app. And by obsessed, I mean I've spent an average of 5 hours each night this week scrolling through it. You probably haven't heard of it. Honestly, it's kinda underground right now but I'm sure it'll blow up in all due time. It's called TikTok.
Image result for tiktok logo
Courtesy of TikTok

Yeah, no, I'm pulling your leg. Not gonna lie though, if you didn't know I was messing with you:
  1. You probably haven't ever read my blogs before. I'm always joking around over here. Go check the rest of them out ;)
  2. Sorry, someone had to say it. You're probably living under a rock. TikTok, a short video-sharing app similar to Vine, has been absolutely huge lately. I haven't gone a single day without hearing the app mentioned or hearing someone quote a TikTok sound. Even my Gen X gym teacher was talking about them during class one day. AND THEN HE MADE ONE. The senior girls were having a ball with it.
So basically, I wanted an excuse to watch TikToks. And boom, here it is. My favorite characters except they're TikToks.

Moving past the TikTok element of this blog, I have another problem. If you read my last blog, most notably the part about Haikyu!!, you might know it already. And problem numero dos is getting way too emotionally attached to fictional characters! *cue the confetti cannon and those celebration horns for new years' eve*

Basically, I picked out my favorite character from a book, movie, television show, and video game and scoured through all of my TikTok likes and favorites for something that gave off the same energy as them. Let me tell you, it took FOREVER. "Ain't no complaints" though, I laughed really hard for a few solid hours just scrolling. For some people, "all they wanna do is party all night". But me? I'll watch TikToks all night. Honestly, if someone paid me "800 cash" just to watch TikToks, I'd say its a "hell of a deal". If you got the references ;) you are definitely just as obsessed as I am.

Enough with the terrible jokes, Nickels, and onto the TikToks!

Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson and The Olympians/Heroes of Olympus

Image result for annabeth chase
Courtesy of Viktoria Ridzel

I remember seeing this TikTok on my For You Page and screaming because I LOVE ANNABETH CHASE. I know, I know, she's definitely not an underrated character but I really could not talk about my favorite daughter of Athena. I basically grew up with her and she was one of several of my fictional female role models. She taught me to be strong and proud of your intelligence, then taught me that it's okay to have flaws. She's so powerful and I totally didn't  to read fanfiction about her and Percy back in 4th grade. Fun fact, in 6th grade I took part in a play for our fake Ancient Greek Olympics in front of the entire grade and I got assigned the role of Athena. I was so excited about it because not only is she my favorite Greek goddess but also ANNABETH. I ended up going above and beyond: I made a costume and memorized my lines. Literally nobody else in the show did that but my quirky 6th-grade self thought that would be a good idea. I had fun though and that's all that really matters.

Via nyjuliastark on TikTok

Kronk from The Emperor's New Groove
Image result for kronk
Courtesy of Disney


Kronk has to be one of my favorite Disney characters ever. PERIOD. When I went to DisneyWorld this year with my school choir, my ultimate goal was to buy a Kronk pin. AND I GOT IT BABYYYY. It's currently hanging on my lanyard next to my desk. I look at it for motivation when I don't understand my algebra 2 homework. You can ask my friends, I used to quote this guy all the time. Like his "Property of Kronk, do not touch except for Kronk" or "Oh the poison. The poison for Kuzco. The poison made especially to kill Kuzco. Kuzco's poison" lines. I wrote those from memory, so if they're not 100% correct you know I'm telling the truth. I love this big lug so much because he's just a cool dude always doing his best. He's just doing his best!! And sometimes his best is absolutely terrible but he's just so wholesome and has a love for spinach puffs so how could you be mad at him? (I'm talking to you Yzma.) That's the same kind of energy that this TikTok gives me. The guy is totally wrong, but could you really be mad at him for trying?

Via iamevanzoeteman on TikTok

Cleo Sertori from H20: Just Add Water

Image result for cleo h20 just add water
Courtesy of Network 10

I think every girl I know had a mermaid phase. Making fake potions with liquids around the house thinking it would turn me into a mermaid. Pretending my shower was a special mist that turned me into a mermaid. Swimming with my legs together like I had a tail in the pool. Acting like I couldn't touch water in front of my friends so they'd think that I was acting kinda... Fishy.

I'm so sorry.

Okay, moving on from that terrible pun, I wanted to be Cleo so bad. I think this is some sort of psychological thing that happens to everyone, but when I was younger I'd automatically associate myself with literally any dark-haired and brown-eyed characters because I felt like that could be me. WHICHISWHYIADVOCATESOHARDFORREPRESENTATIONINMEDIAWHENITCOMESTORACEETHNICITYGENDERSEXUALITYILLNESSDISABILITYETCETERAANDITSPROGRESSINGSOMEWHATBUTNOTASMUCHASIHOPE.

But I digress.

I loved that Cleo wasn't perfect and that she was a bit awkward, just like anyone else in this world. She wasn't as outgoing or rebellious as her two friends which made me relate with her a lot more too. I recently started rewatching episodes for nostalgia's sake and the episode where she advocates so strongly for the turtles while also being loyal to her father thinking he would never illegally hunt turtles made me realize how much I really do love her character. (Spoiler Alert, her dad really didn't do it, it was his workers who he ended up firing).

This TikTok pretty much sums up me as a child influenced by Cleo.


Via jessicacharlesss on TikTok

Damien Bloodmarch from Dream Daddy

Image result for damian bloodmarch
Courtesy of Game Grumps


Damien Bloodmarch makes me SO HAPPY. If you don't know this video game, it's basically a dating simulator where you create a "Dad-sona" and move into a cul-de-sac where you can date other dads. Hence the name Dream Daddy. My true love Damien over here is known as the "Goth Dad" because of his intense love of Victorian fashion. What I love so much about him is that he is so passionate about the things he loves, he respects his son Lucien and parents him in a way that is not over-bearing but not careless, and that he's a total dork. SPOILER ALERT: At the end of his story route, you find out that along with his love for the Victorian age, he also volunteers at the animal shelter in his free time and works in IT. He gets nervous to reveal this because he thinks that your character/Dad-sona will think he is less cool because of it, but he learns to be proud of who he is (given that you do the good route and not the bad ending). I love this fictional man a lot and if anyone wants to fight him, they'll have to go through me first.

Now, this TikTok might have some explaining to do... The song is a parody of Lewis Capaldi's Someone You Loved, but more specifically, a Halloween vampire parody. Appropriate for my Goth Dad. Then video just so random and dorky that it just gave me full Damien energy. (I would also give up all my life savings for @diarrheaquinn soooo)

Via diarrheaquinn on TikTok

Once again, credits to all of these content creators on TikTok:
@nyjuliastark
@iamevanzoeteman
@jessicacharlesss
@diarrheaquinn

Has this blog post simply increased my obsessions with TikTok? Yes. Am I mad?

... Well, not really.

My grades are a bit mad though. But we aren't gonna talk about that.

I hope you've enjoyed my once again, self-indulgent post. Will I ever stop with writing posts that really only entertain me? No. Will I stop with the rhetorical questions?

Of course not. Why would you even ask that?

Until next time?

Wait, that doesn't make sense.

(Nickel's note: For some reason, I decided that my goodbyes would always be a mistake that kinda references the other part of the blog before the real "Until next time". Have you, my dear readers, noticed that? How do we feel about it lol I think it's getting to be kinda weirdly placed. Any feedback is appreciated! Anywayyyy~)

Until next time,

Nickels :)

Comments

  1. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH AHHHHH!!! The puns are EVERYTHING, "GODDAMN ROXANNE"! I love love love love loooooove your sarcasm, especially with the "it's all a bit underground but it'll blow up in due time." AHAHA TRUTH THO! I'm so obsessed with TikTok even tho I "downloaded TikTok as a joke and now I'm hopelessly addicted scrolling through the for you page...", I could spend hours on it without even realizing it's now time to get ready for school and I haven't slept a wink. And don't even get me started on ANNABETH FREAKING CHASE OMGGGG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing is super funny. It's so awesome when people get attached to fictional characters (I don't really have a crush on anyone REAL, but there's this book character who's amazing and I love him). I love your commentary on all of this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really interesting topic already, and your cheery, over-the-top (in a good way) voice is super fun to read! It's like I can hear you next to me, talking about all of these characters. I also really enjoyed reading your take on all of them. Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment